Monday, August 1, 2011

Heart-attacks and Oh Hells...

So let's start with the Heart attack.

My sister and her family were staying with me last week (that's not the heart attack part, although 12 people in one house is enough for a heart attack). My kid's 21 library books were due on July 22, I forgot about them until today when I returned them. $44.90 in late fees!!!!




I about had a heart attack right there. It's not like I couldn't pay it. There's really no more I can say on this subject other can "Can you give a girl a break?" Obviously not!

Moving on to the other subject. Oh Hell!

Now, I'm not the best person in the world, I'm not the worst either. But since becoming a mom of 4 I have recently be inducted (silently cause I don't think there's really an enunciation process) into the mom's who drink and swear club. Being a mom of four is much more overwhelming than I ever anticipated. I find myself swearing A WHOLE lot more than I EVER did as a mom of three. If my mom were dead she'd roll over in her grave at how much I swear. But she's not dead! I'm looking into investing in a 6 foot by 6 foot grave for her for when she does die, just so she can roll over and over and over. (See I find this funny, but I know she won't, but for crying out loud I am a 32 year old mom of 4 I can say whatever the hell I want). Oops there I go again.

When I was a mom of 2 I warned my doula that I probably would be swearing at the birth of my 3rd child. She was so impressed that I didn't. Nick told her "Oh you weren't in the car, she swore up a storm in the car!!" But when I had #4, man, it didn't matter I was saying every word in the book.

My point is this, I'm NOT perfect, far from it. And just a few years ago I would have condemned my self to hell for my language. But now, four kids later, I realize it's just a sad part of my life. I drink and swear. Get over it. You don't have to like it, you don't have to like me. I don't really give a (insert explicit here).

All that to say, today was an oh hell kind of day. $44.90 for late books, I could have bought books for that price. Well, oh hell, I'm going to go pour myself a drink. Unfortunately we're out of wine (oh hell), so I guess it will be water.


2 comments:

  1. I love you! Sorry I drank all the wine! My find were 176.00!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had a library fine oh 176? WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to hear from you!