Sunday, August 14, 2011

Social Media Sunday

Alright, time to get my weekly dose of Sunday news and for you followers out there, who don’t get their news from any other source but me, get ready cause today is a doozy.

On the most Trusted Name in News (Fox News). There is an article titled Using Bed sheets, 5 prisoners escape Lebanese Jail. Here’s the 411: 5 prisoners escape using bed sheets. Yep, that’s it. The dude who wrote the 253 word article could have just left it at 6 words. However it did say in the article that the minister of Lebanon was holding the prison guards personally responsible and they were going to be punished. Probably going to be put in jail, but I’m not worried about them, they can just escape by using their bed sheets.

In other unrelated news, Duchess of Cambridge Kate is part of a horrendous smear campaign. One that makes her look SKINNY!!! How dare they portray the Duchess as a skinny person? An Italian magazine doctored photos of the duchess to make her appear skinnier than she already is. For crying out loud, she already ways 6 stone (81 lbs).




Other British news, the Brits are silencing social media riots. Apparently the riots in England were all organized through social websites, so the Brits decided to “stop people from communicating via these websites when we know they are plotting violence.” Well China heard this and cried “You hypocrites! That’s just what we do.” It looks like Freedom Silence is alive and well in Britain. Look for it to come to a country near you!



If you think I’m kidding, I’m not. San Francisco shut down cell phone service as officials were trying to thwart a planned protest. I’m all about safety, but not when it interferes with freedom of speech.

“People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” Ben Franklin

Ouch! My soap box just broke, so I better stop here!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I read the news here. Otherwise I would never no whats going on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to hear from you!