Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Someone shoot me before the gym kills me.

I spent all weekend watching an A&E series called HEAVY. The funny thing is Nick and I sat on the couch eating ice cream watching these morbidly obese people try to lose weight. It went sort of like this:

ME: (mouth full of ice cream) How did those people let themselves get like that?

NICK: (ice cream dripping off his goatee) I have no idea

ME: (burp!) I know, it's so disgusting.

Yes I see the irony.

So after about 8 episodes of morbidly obese people losing 60-180 lbs in 6 months. I decide, if they can do it, so can I. (Last year I lost 25 lbs, then got pregnant and gained it and MORE back).

So this week I started a new weight lose program called the I'm gonna lose this stupid weight or kill myself trying program. I wake up at 5am every morning and get to the gym by 5:30 and do cardio until 6:50. I come home, get my kids up, fed and ready for school. After I drop them off at school I head back to the gym at 8am and do weight trainging for about 50 mins. Then come back home. Then sometimes during the day I try to do yoga during the kids' nap-time.

It's crazy, I know! But I figure if I can have 4 kids natural childbirth (with delivering my 4th by myself) I can lose this stupid weight!

Well yesterday I decided to "take it easy" on my second day I decided to swim laps. OMG! I almost died. To make matters worse I couldn't breathe. Everytime I tried to take a breath water would go in my mouth and I would gag. THEN an older man got in the lane next to me and was swimming laps around me. LITERALLY!!! SO embarassing!

It went something like this:




"This should be easy!"

starting 1st lap

I'm out of breath, old man jumps in next to me. (still 1st lap)

"I'm choking on water, gag!"

These last 2 slides happen about 5 more times.

"Forget this!" The old man did like 20 laps, I did 5...barely!


I'm super competitive, so this did NOT bode well with me. I decided that I would save swimming till...well, never!

Swimming didn't go to well. But the rest of the week is going well. I have a super unrealistic goal of 45 lbs in 45 days. (but hey, if those morbidly obese people can do it, this slightly fat person can do it too). We'll see!

p.s. I like saying Morbidly Obese, I say it to myself OVER AND OVER again when I'm doing the stair master. For some strange reason it helps.

p.p.s I didn't have my camera thus the drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to hear from you!