Thursday, September 15, 2011

Art is man's expression of his joy in labor.

Frankly I tend to agree with Andy Warhol "An artist is somebody who produces things that people don't need to have.


My two artists are always producing me things I don't need to have.  It's cute though, so I had to share with you. Especially the explanations, they are where the real joy is.


Kamri my 7 year-olds art:




 These are mermaids, with a castle.  Prince Eric is on the ground, Kamri is the blond mermaid who appears to be hanging upside down (but she's diving into the water.)  The black haired girl on the right is Blueberry muffin.  The two mermaids on the rocks are her friends.


Evie my 5 year-olds masterpiece:




Evie is the girl with brown hair at the bottom.  I am the girl with the poop ball hair.  Max is the little boy jumping on the girl, who is Avery (don't worry she probably deserved it.) Kamri is the red head next to Evie.  The castle is made of Blueberries and the birds are trying to eat the castle (this is beginning to sound like one of my drug induced dreams). 


I asked her where daddy is.  She said "He's next to the castle." I said "That looks like a dog with black boobies."  She said "I know."  We agreed to leave it at that.


Just wanted to share a little of the joy that I get to keep on my fridge for the next few days.

5 comments:

  1. OMW!! That is too stinking funny! I just love it! Evie darling is a child after my own heart! I love those girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Trish, I know she cracks me up! Her art is ALWAYS this expressive too! I think she's amazing. I went to her school yesterday and there was art work of germs in the hall. I could totally tell which one was her's cause it's so expressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, yet so hilarious. Tell black boobied dog, I mean Nick, Haha he has some great girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sonja: I know! What's up with that? She cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taren'
    I love your blogs. Makes me laugh each morning. Miss my girls and all of you. I think Evie is predicting the future of Mac and cheese and sister Avery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to hear from you!