Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Dental Sadism

So today I took my little one Avery to the dentist for the first time. I learned my lesson last time I took the kids to the dentist. I made the mistake of taking all 3 of them at the same time (didn't have baby #4 yet). Kamri was 4, Evie was 2 and Avery was just an infant.

Evie, who is the bravest kid I know, had no problems. She walked right back, sat down did everything the dentist asked. Except open her mouth. Which makes things difficult when you're trying to get your teeth cleaned. But she didn't cry and she did get through most of her x-rays.

Kamri wouldn't even let them near her. I thought I should go with Evie cause she was the younger of the two. Well I hear Kamri screaming at the top of her lungs. She wouldn't let them x-ray her, clean her teeth, I don't even think she sat in the chair. The whole experience freaked her out.

Avery, who was very colicky, cried the whole time. So I was having to hold her and comfort Kamri and check on Evie all at the same time. It was disastrous.

Well this momma learned her lesson. This time I got a baby sitter for #3 & #4 and I'm taking the kids one at a time. Each on a different day. Yes that means I'll be at the dentist 4 times this week (one for myself). BUT I won't have any screaming kids.

First I took Evie, and as before she did awesome!

Today I took Avery. I was a little nervous she wouldn't do well. But after she saw that Evie got a balloon, she was ready to go and get one herself.

At our dentist the kids get to pick a movie to watch while they get their teeth cleaned. Avery picked Tangled. She did so well getting her teeth cleaned.


The chair was SO big for her!!

Here she is getting x-rays! I was SO proud of her. She did such a good job.

Quite different than ME. I too had an appointment at the Dentist. The hygienist starts by scrapping the plaque off my teeth. No big deal. But then she decided to pull out this BIG @SS water laser gun! It looked harmless. Then she stuck it in my mouth. All I could think was: "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, JUST KILL ME NOW!" Seriously, every where the laser landed I think there was a tiny nuclear explosion in my mouth. I think I even saw smoke billowing out of my mouth at one point. The weird thing is my mouth must be sadistic, because every time she took the laser away from one area, my brain would scream for it to go back. Like it wanted more pain.

Well I have these practically permanent braces in my mouth. A LONG time ago my dentist cemented this brace into my mouth. It's really hard to floss and every dentist I've seen said it won't ever come out. She asks me how long it's been in there. I had to think for a minute. Then I think I died, because the v-fib jolted me back after having to say it's been 20 years! OMG! 20 years, I've had that thing in my mouth. That's more than 1/2 my life. That just weird-ed me out.

I'm old and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm going to bed now. Even thought it's only 9:00. See ya'll later!




1 comment:

  1. LOL I hate the dentist and refuse to go unless necessary. I would rather die first and now with this laser thing I fear it will be even worse! Thanks a lot! I'm glad the girls did good this time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love to hear from you!