Friday, November 25, 2011

It's WALMART people....not the Sistine Chapel.

I know it's been a while since I blogged....I've been busy, I'll explain at the end of this post.

So yesterday I found the PERFECT gift for Nick for Christmas.  I lazy-boy recliner for only $189!  Great deal.  But you had to be at the store at 7am to get the chair.  So Nick went out thinking it was ridiculous he had to wake up on Thanksgiving day to get a chair.  I assured him it was necessary. He got there and there were already six people in line.  He was number seven.  The doors open, he went right back there got the sticker for the chair came to the front to pay and another man was there pointing the the picture in the ad (instead of getting the ticket) saying he wanted the chair.  Thankfully there were two left and both Nick and the man got a chair.  But after that they were out.

Nick was relieved, but we both thought it was ridiculous. 

Well, I want a camera for Christmas.  Nick was going to head to Best Buy because they opened at midnight to get my camera.  He left at 11:30pm.  When he got there he saw a line similar to this: 

There were THOUSANDS of people.  So he went to walmart and saw somthing like this:

He headed to Target and saw something like this:

Last year we went to Rome for our 10 year anniversary.  We were going to see the Sistine Chapel.  It opened at 10am.  We got there at 9am.  This is what we saw:


The line curved around that wall and another wall and another....it was SO LONG!!!  We decided to skip a once in a life time opportunity because the line was so stinking long. 

Needless to say Nick did NOT stay in line for the camera (I don't blame him).  It's WALMART people not the Sistine Chapel.  If we didn't stay in line for a masterpiece, we aren't staying in line so some lady can yell at us at Walmart for our cart wheel falling off. (true story...not my story, but true).

We were both BAFFLED by these lines.  We've never attempted Black Friday...we never will again.

Now to why I haven't been blogging.  You remember that ballet my girls are in?  Well it's been consuming my life lately. I did the playbill for it, sewing costumes, taking them to several practices a week.  I haven't had time to blog.

Plus my daughter's Rapunzel birthday party.  Which turned out great! I will post pictures and details later!

Hope ya'll had a happy Thanksgiving and safe Black Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to hear from you!