Sunday, December 11, 2011

A very Humiliating Merry Christmas Party

This weekend was my husband's company Christmas party.  Let me just say, I'm glad there was a open bar.

This party was at the company owners home in Preston Hallow neighborhood in Dallas.  For those of you who aren't familiar with that area, it's a super posh area.  So posh that George W. Bush lives there.  This party was so posh the owner hired carolers to stand outside to greet the party guest.  So posh, there was a Christmas tree ice sculpture.  So posh, there wasn't just an open bar, there was a whole room the size of my walk-in closet, that WAS a bar.  A bar with cognac, whiskey, rum, burgundy every spirit imaginable. They served hors d' oeures, shrimp, prime rib. It was delicious!  This was the fanciest party I have EVER been too.  All that said...you know I don't write about stuff unless it's funny.

My husband, the wonderful crazy man he is, decides he's going to go to this posh party dressed as Buddy the Elf.  THANKFULLY party city was all out of the Buddy the elf costumes (thank you sweet baby Jesus).  So instead he decided to wear an elf hat, with elf ears and elf shoes, in his business suit.

Let's just say, I headed straight for the bar got myself a glass of wine, chugged it and ordered another.  Thank heavens I'm a lightweight. It only took one glass of wine to get me tipsy, two glasses to get me giggly, and by the three glass I had to sit down. (Nick cut me off because he was wearing his elf shoes that had no support and he didn't want to carry me wearing those shoes). By the third glass then I didn't care about what Nick was wearing.

Everyone commented about Nick's outfit.  His reply was "The invitation said holiday attire"  (it did say holiday attire, next year the lady's gonna put, business suite, Nick will probably wear a Santa Costume and say "My business is delivering presents. You didn't say I had to come dressed as me.) One lady even hit on Nick by saying "I'm sitting next to you on the sleigh ride." (you read correctly there was a sleigh ride to see all the Christmas lights) I thought "You go ahead lady, I'll have another white wine."

Nick told me he found out that he holds a quarter of all the sales for the company, so he could wear whatever he wanted to this party.

Me: How many salesmen are there, four? Cause that statistic isn't very impressive if there's only four.

Nick: No there are about 10 or 11, let's say 10 to be conservative.

Me: (smirk) 10 is conservative compared to 11?

Nick: Shut up.

Anyway, out of 11, let's say 10 so I can do the math to be conservative, he has a quarter of the sales this year. So between 10 sales men, they only have 4 sales each for the year. (out of 60 sales). Where Nick has 15 of those sales. (and he's only been there 1/2 a year)

Needless to say Nick was right, he probably could have walked into that party in a Buddy the Elf costume and the owner wouldn't say a word, cause Nick's the man writing all the deals for the company, making all the money!  Go BABE!!!  (I am still thankful that there wasn't a Buddy the Elf costume though.)

p.s. I would have taken pictures, but the coat man took my coat and I left my phone/camera in the pocket...so no pictures. But you can use you imagination!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to hear from you!