Saturday, January 28, 2012

Very Eclectic Musing of a Crazy Mom

I literally have been writing this post all week. Every time I sit down to write this post someone interupts with with life altering information.  Like "Mom, Max's poop is coming out of his diaper." Or "She hit me."  or my personal favorite "She's being mean."

I found a moment where I'm able to ignore my kids, so MAYBE I'll get this post done today.

This post is pure random bullcrap awesomeness! It really has no content I just feel that I need to post something instead of "Imagine a World Without Me".  Because frankly I'm able to imgaine it more and more.  I've had so little time for myself that I'm beginning to think that the world is continuing to spin without me.  sigh!


So first things first.  (Actually first things I can think of first).

Nick and I went on a date, first one in months! We went to the Cheesecake Factory and then to the movies and *cough* Barnes and Nobles (I know, we are boring). While we were waiting for our table at CF, we go to the bar and grab a drink. I order a long island ice tea.

Now let me rewind to a couple of weeks ago.  I went to a restaurant with my girlfriends and I ordered a long island.  I swear either they didn't put any alcohol in it OR I'm not a light weight (we all know I'm a light weight, so I'm thinking she just brought me watered down Long Island.)

So because of my experience with the Long Island a few weeks ago, I decided to order another one while we waited.  Basically in the matter of 10 minutes I drank the whole thing.  Feeling quite great and thinking I wasn't a light weight any more.  UNTIL we got up to go to our table and I "tripped" and fell into my chair in the booth.  That was my first indication that this Long Island was way different than the one two weeks ago.  I'm trying to keep my composure though, it's a little hard when you
1) drop your fork
2) hit your head trying to get it
3) snort three times laughing, once hitting your head.

The waiter kept asking us "Do you have any questions?"  Like this was some sort of museum and not a menu we were looking at.  I told Nick, next time he asks me that I'm going to ask him "How many miles is the earth from the sun?  The correct answer is 93 million miles! See if that's on your menu punk!"

Regrettably I chickened out and none of this ensued, or if it did, I don't remember.

After this we went to Barnes and Nobles to do research on my book.  (really just to look at children's book, because we're nerds)  And we came across this book:


 It's Pride & Prejudice in board book edition.  I flipped through it, basically it was a counting book that went something like this

3 Houses  Longbourn, Pemberly, Netherfield
4 Wedding proposals (Mr. Collins to Elizabeth, Mr. Darcy to Elizabeth 1st time, Mr. Bingley to Jane, Mr. Darcy to Elizabeth 2nd time)
5 Sisters, Jane, Elizabeth, Mary, Kitty & Lydia

I can't remember the rest.  The book is right next to it is Romeo & Juliet board book.  Remember a few posts ago I wrote a blog about how they were going to change classic's into comics?  Well, I guess the madness has started. Next there will be Lego scenes from Tale of Two Cities or Les Miserables.

Ok, I feel this post is long enough for a few laughs.  Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  I will try better next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to hear from you!