Friday, July 6, 2012

Vicodin Hallucinations?

Since my accident in April I've had killer migraines, about 10 a month.   I've had this last one for two days.  So i finally took some Vicodin last night (that's suppose to be my last resort before heading to the ER for injections).  Well anyway, I had the WEIRDEST auditory hallucination last night.



I was in bed sleeping and suddenly I heard my friend Sarah at the end of my bed talking to me.  Like it was no big deal that she was in my room at midnight having a conversation about homeschooling.  I was telling her I found a new curriculum (which is lie).  Then she said I'd like to see it, so her voice sounded as if it was getting closer to my side of the bed, then it was behind me, then in front, then behind.  It was freaking me out, so I screamed.

Nick wakes up, shakes me and says "honey are you ok? what's wrong?"

At which point, I start laughing, how do I tell him that my friend Sarah who wants to see my homeschool curriculum is scaring me to the point of screaming? So instead I say "these drugs are giving me hallucinations, and are freaking me out."

He's like, "Oh I'm so sorry." (very sympathetic) But then I laugh and tell him what I heard.  He laughs and says "Your scream sounded like an elk in heat." At which point we both start giggling.


Thankfully I didn't have any more hallucinations and my headache has gone away for now!  


On a side note: while I was writing this post Nick wanted me to iron a shirt which was perfectly fine, so I went to the ironing board, made noises like I was ironing, brought it to him.  He put it on and is wearing it to work.  Oh Yeah!  I'm awesome!


I can't promise I'll be blogging much.  But writing this has sparked something in me that hasn't happened since my accident, so who knows, maybe I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to hear from you!