Tuesday, August 14, 2012

MomCon

I just got back from the 2012 MOPS Convention! It was WONDERFUL!!!

Me with CEO Shelly Surratt


I spent 2 1/2 days with two thousand Mother's of Preschoolers worshiping God, feeling refreshed and hearing some wonderful speakers.  One of those speakers was author Shauna Niequist, she had a workshop about creating a Creative life.  Meaning those of us who are artists, writers, photographers, etc should take the time to use our artist abilities make a date with ourselves so that inner artist doesn't die.

I think my back and neck weren't the only things that got injured in my car accident in April. I went through a really deep depression, and I think just now I'm starting to pull myself out of it.  My inner artist really suffered during this time.  I couldn't write, I could barely find anything "funny" to blog about in the last few months.

But that's over.  I'm renewing my commitment to myself (and to you). I'm going to blog once a week, something funny. That's my commitment.  Everything else I blog will be gravy.  (Come on people, I have 4 kids and I homeschool, give a girl a break).

So I'm trying to think of funny things that happen this weekend and of course there were a ton of "you had to be there moments."  So I'll just give you a general on.  Imagine this, a Ballroom filled with 2000 Moms going to a MOM PROM.  Here if you don't have an imgination, here are some pictures to help:



I love the pregnant belly in the 80's dress

Apparently I didn't get the memo it was an 80's prom.  Oh well, these women were fabulous!  It was a ton of fun!  Next year's MomCon is in Kansas City, MO.  I'm planning on going!  You should too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love to hear from you!